Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pizza Dough

Again using "Artisan Baking" by Maggie Glezer, I made the Gemelli Pizza Margherita. For this dough I used Imported Tipo 00 Rinforzato Flour, which I obtained from www.nybakers.com.

Although the recipe was very simple, the resulting dough was amazing. At first I was concerned that it didn't rise very well. But when ready to use, the text was so smooth but very strong. This is the type of dough that pizza-makers toss in the air and spin around. However, I am not sure how much of the texture was due to the bakers percentages or the type of flour I used.

On the downside, I think I think I rolled that dough too thin. With a typical bread dough, it isn't easy to roll as thin as I made these pizzas. And because my family doesn't like thin crust pizzas, it wasn't a big hit. However, I liked the dough a lot. And I am sure I can make a similar dough that is thicker for them.




No comments:

Post a Comment