Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wedding Cake: Next Steps

The Wedding Cake for the Engagement party was good, but not great.

The Bride and Groom, whom I have known for years, asked me to make the cake because they really like my "signature" cake that I've made multiple times: The Bomb. They didn't realize that I always assembly it using purchased muffins and pound cake with a really moist filling into a a form (a large, round bowl) then refrigerate it for 2 days to spread the flavors. Basically, it is a quick semi-homemade cake.

So I am going to next make a "Bomb-like" cake with non-pre-fab'd cake and a filling similar to a Tiramisu. The frosting will include chocolate, coffee, butter, egg whites, and a liquor. I will make it in tiers with decorations of ribbon and shaved chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment