Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Resources

While unsuccessfully looking for fresh compressed yeast in the San Diego area, I was referred to nybakers.com, a local mail-order supplier of flours and related bread-making ingredients.
After procrastinating, then finally jumping in with both feet, I ordered several of the various flours from his website. Rather than paying the shipping costs, Stan asked if I'd like to pick up the order, which I did near his home Poway (closer to me than his warehouse). 

I ordered on 9/21/10: 
  • GM Purasnow Cake Flour
  • KA Queen Guinevere Cake Flour
  • Sperry Extra Fancy Durum Patent Flour 
  • NYB FlourPantry - Artisan
  • Sel Gris de GuĂ©rande. (Salt)
  • Red Star Fresh Compressed Yeast 
Plus some other flours I ordered over the phone that I don't have a list at hand for right now.

When I picked up my order Stan and I talked quite a bit and he gave me lots of tips.  I'll post those later. (Thanks, Stan!)

Here are my new flours (organized by protein percentage):

No comments:

Post a Comment